Various dental issues require Teeth Crowns, for example:
- Weak or Fractured Tooth: In such cases Teeth Crowns are placed to protect weak tooth or teeth (from decay) from breaking or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To Restore Broken Tooth: If tooth or teeth are cracked, worn down or weakened, dentists place Teeth Crowns to restore the appearance and functions.
- In Case of Cavity that is Too Large for Filling: To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- Dental Bridges: Teeth Crowns are also placed to hold dental bridges in place.
- Cosmetic Modification: Teeth Crowns are used when the teeth are misshapen, discolored or crooked.
What are Teeth Crowns?
Teeth Crowns are the cover “caps” placed over the teeth. Teeth Crowns restore the teeth, their normal shape, color, size and even the functions.
When Teeth Crowns are cemented into place, they fully encase the entire visible portions of the teeth.
When are Teeth Crowns Needed?
Permanent crowns can be made from metal (for instance, gold, silver or other alloys), from stainless steel, porcelain-fused-to-metal, all-resin or all-ceramic.
Metal Teeth Crowns rarely chip or break and not easy to wear down, however their color is different from your natural teeth.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal Teeth Crowns can be matched to natural teeth color , but sometimes the metal under the crown’s porcelain cap shows through as a dark line. Such Teeth Crowns are a good choice for front or back teeth.
Professional & Affordable
All-resin Teeth Crowns is the least expensive option compared to the other types, however require Patients to wear them carefully, as they can be easily worn down.
All -Ceramic Teeth Crowns provide the most natural look and it’s very hard to differentiate them from your permanent teeth. This type of crown is truly the best for the front teeth, but they are not as strong as porcelain-fused-to-metal Teeth Crowns.
All these types of Teeth Crowns are available at our Delmar Dental Dental center, so you can schedule a consultation appointment with one of our specialists and choose the type of Teeth Crowns right just for you.
Your Exam, Xray and Consultation are Absolutely Free. Veteran and Seniors discounts are available.